Thursday, December 09, 2010

[SOLVED] : USB support in VirtualBox @ Ubuntu 10.10

For the last 5 month, I wasn't care about USB support in my VirtualBox. I am using VBox 3.2.10 r66523 on Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick).

From it's website, they said that Open Source Edition (OSE) isn't support USB. I thought, even I'm not sure, mine also OSE version. But today, I really curios is it possible to hack it in order to enable USB support on it?

So, my first aid is Google (of course :p). After around 1 hour searching, I found this link. And I laughed myself. The solution was so easy. You only have to do add yourself into vboxusers group. Here's what I did :
sudo vi /etc/group 
Edit it so it will look like this (pungki is my user. It might be different with yours) :
vboxusers:x:121:pungki
Reboot your machine, and it's done. Run your VBox, and you'll be found in the bottom right corner, the USB icon appear.
Post a Comment