Thursday, January 27, 2011

Upgrade ROM HTC Touch HD

Alhamdulillah, I can taste HTC Touch HD which is known as HTC HD1. Code name : Blackstone.

The most advantage of HTC is you can customized the OS. It's called ROM or cooked ROM. There are many ROM inside http://forum.xda-developers.com/ which you can try one by one :D (that's what I did :p)

After many times of flashing new ROMs, I think I found which is closest to what I want. I'm now using BS_Cloudy_2.5.C3_NoMC. You can find the snapshot from here and download it from here.

Here's my review.
Pros :

  1. Stable
  2. Fast !!
  3. No HTC Messaging Client (I don't like it on my HD. Slow). So the messaging styles is using the old one.
  4. Appearance is look like HD2 Leo.
  5. Facebook, Twitter, You Tube integration
  6. Has RSS news feed on the main screen. It's a widget I think
  7. My Location widget is working. I live in Indonesia and it's work.
  8. WM 6.5
  9. It has Office Mobile (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint. 
Cons :
  1. No Task Manager. I tried to install  HTC Task Manager 2.0 from freewarepocketpc.net but it didn't work. It can be installad, but after I restart the device, there was nothing happen.
That's my review after almost 48 hours using it :D
Post a Comment